Friday, March 19, 2010

This. . .

Equals this. . .

Dave is leaving today and I wanted to make some cookies for him to take but didn't have enough of any one thing except a cake mix eggs, butter, just enough vanilla, and raisins .   So...I threw in what I had left of the peanuts, a handful of dates, a handful of butterscotch chips and some raisins. 
The basic cake mix cookie calls for: 
1 cake mix,   2 eggs,   1 stick (1/2 c.) butter or oleo (room temp),   1 t. vanilla.
Whip the butter till fluffy, add eggs and vanilla.  Throw in anything else you've a mind to. Bake about 13 1/2 mins at 350.  Let sit on sheets for about 5 mins. then place on racks to cool.
If you want a harder cookie bake an extra  minute or so.  After a couple of batches you'll know how you like them best and how long to bake
Dave likes soft and chewy, me too, but I also like dunkers.
ENJOY!

4 comments:

Jan said...

I love the pictures and the way you presented this post-very nice! they look very yummy too!

NanC said...

Thank you my dear, they were yummy. Dave even had some by the time he got to Indiana. He is usually out by the time he hits the terminal and that's only 35 miles. I did sent all but 8 cookies this time maybe that's why.

Cheyenne said...

OH I JUST LOVE THE WAY YOU ARE DOING THIS BLOG, IT IS SO FUN! I LVOE SEEING YOUR KITCHEN IN THE BACKGROUND, THEN IT MAKES IT MORE REAL FOR ME AND I CAN SMELL THE FOOD COOKING.

NanC said...

Thank you Cheyenne, I agree a picture is worth a 1,000 words.