Thursday, February 11, 2010

Heaven, I'm in Heaven. . .

If you like chocolate and caramel this square is for you! It's chocolatey, caramely, gooey and rich, yep, heaven!

Chocolate Caramel Squares
2 c. (about 38-40) chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
1/3 c. melted butter/oleo
30 vanilla caramels
1/2 c. caramel ice cream topping
1/4 c. whipping cream
2 c. pecans, chopped
3/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. whipping cream

Stir together wafer crumbs and melted butter
Press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
Bake at 350 for 10 mins.
Cool slightly on rack

In a heavy saucepot melt caramels in ice cream topping, stir often
Stir in the first 1/4 c. whipping cream
Remove from heat & stir in nuts
Spread over crust
Cool; cover and chill 1 hour.

For Topping:
In heavy saucepot melt chocolate chips
Remove from heat; stir in remaining whipping cream
Drizzle or spread over caramel-pecan mixture.
Cover & chill at least 1 hour.
About 12 servings

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I don't know about this one, it sounds a little too good! How much metformin would I have to take you think to keep the bg on an even keel?

NanC said...

760 mgs, but honey it's worth it!! I have to admit this is rich even for me and you know I'm the queen of sweet.
I hope you had a good day.